Well, here we are. Nearly 2 months from the official Apple iPhone 6 launch. I have long been a fan of Apple. Year after year, I get excited. Not like a child on Christmas Eve, but more like my entire life is about to change. In a sense it’s like I know for a fact that on September 19th (25th, if reports of the launch are correct) that I’m going to win a few million dollars from the lottery. (OK, not THAT extreme). But every year, we see a few concepts designed by talented mobile development students and graphic design enthusiast. But I have a few predictions of my own, relating to the iPhone 6.
1. I have a feeling that the iPhone 6, 5.5 inch version will not be released alongside the 4.7 inch in September. It will launch alongside the iWatch, and I’m expecting that to be released towards the end of December, considering its not rumored to go into production until December. This explains why we haven’t seen any leaks of the gigantic iPhone Air 5.5
2. The visual specs of the 4.7 inch and the 5.5 inch will be nearly identical except I have a feeling that the 4.7 inch will will have a somewhat basic 10 megapixel camera, whereas the iPhone Air (5.5) will sport an upgraded camera featuring automatic, digital image stabilization and it will also feature some of the same sensors rumored to be inside of the iWatch. It will likely sport a 10-megapixel camera, but even more interesting is that it will have an aperture of f/1.8, an upgrade from the current f/2.2. Sources also claim Apple will replace the current hybrid IR filter with a resin lens filter made by JSR.
3. The 5.5 inch iPhone Air will be almost identical to last years iPad Air, only smaller. Less bezel will also be a factor and of course. It will feature a solid backing and the Apple Logo will officially light up, similar to the MacBook line-up.
4. The 5.5 inch iPhone should come with 128GB of storage, however I’m kind of on edge about this prediction, simply because the iPad Mini had a 128gb storage option and wasn’t a hot seller.
5. Faster wi-fi chip.
6. NFC, iBeacon and Wireless charging. I’m thinking Apple has figured out a way to integrate NFC and iBeacon.
@TheRVAlien on Twitter! Follow me, Let’s talk tech! Let me know your predictions!!!
Images Courtesy of 9to5Mac.com